This is a guest post by Sarah from SarahsCakeBlog.
Stay connected with Sarah!
For the Cookies
500g Plain Flour (All Purpose Flour)
2 ½ tsp Biacarbonate of Soda
300g Light Brown Sugar
100g Granuled Sugar (castor sugar)
250g Unsalted Butter
3 Large Eggs
2tsp Vanilla Extract
200g Milk chocolate chips
200g Dark chocolate Chips
For the Buttercream
300g Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
150g Unsalted Butter
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (160C fan) and line a three 8”cake tin. Leave to one side.
2. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix so they are all incorporated
3. In a separate bowl add the butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until they are all incorporated.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix. The mixture should be very thick.
5. Add in the chocolate chips and the M&Ms and fold them through. I find the best way to fold is to use a spatula and mix in a figure of 8 until the chocolate chips and M&Ms are all evenly distributed.
6. Split the mixture between the three baking tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top of the cookie looks ‘dry’ and a skewer comes out clean.
7. Leave the cookies to cool in the tins for 10-15 minutes and then leave to fully cool on a wire rack.
8. For the buttercream, mix together the sugar, butter and vanilla until thick, pale and creamy.
9. Place the first cookie onto a plate. Pipe the icing onto the first cookie, I used a Wilton 2D Piping Tip.
10. Place the second cookie on top of the first and again pipe the icing on top.
11. Finally add the third cookie on top of the first and second and pipe the buttercream on top.
12. Finish with some sprinkles.