Trying to lose weight or eat healthier can be so tricky, especially when you’re first starting. You can’t eat as much unhealthy food as you once could. Luckily I’ve come up with this low syn fakeaway chicken nugget recipe.
When I first began calorie counting to lose weight, the thing that I struggled with the most was cravings: I missed takeaways so much! A takeaway for me was a Friday night tradition, especially when staying at my boyfriend’s house because he pretty much lives off of greasy burgers from his local takeaway. I’d fallen into the habit of doing the same, so when I first came across the idea of fakeaways I knew that they’d be a huge help to me.
What Is A Fakeaway?
A fakeaway is exactly what it says on the tin: a fake takeaway. In other words a healthier, lower calorie take on your favourite unhealthy foods. They’re such a godsend for anybody who is struggling to eat healthier.
For me, a McDonalds is my go to unhealthy meal, and I’m always craving one. When I came up with this lower calorie alternative to my beloved Chicken Select meal I knew I had to share it with others who feel the same. Even my takeaway addict boyfriend enjoyed it!
I hope you enjoy this fakeaway chicken nugget recipe.
- 350g Potatoes
- 300g Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Egg
- 50g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3tsp Paprika
- 3tsp Garlic Granules
- 2tsp Crushed Chilies / Chili Powder
- 1tsp Thyme
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Wash, peel, and slice potatoes into chunky chips or fries.
- Spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray, place the chips onto the tray and cook for 45 minutes at 180 degrees c, turning the chips after 20 minutes.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic granules, crushed chilies, thyme and salt and pepper in a separate bowl and mix well to create the seasoning for the nuggets.
5. Take a piece of diced chicken breast and place it in the bowl of egg and then into the bowl of seasoning, ensuring that the chicken is coated in seasoning. For extra flavour and crispiness, repeat this step twice for every piece of chicken. Place on a baking tray.
6. When all the chicken is coated, place in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a side of ketchup, salad, or alone and enjoy!